Special Guest Teacher – Dr Yogi – Supporting Injured Students Immersion
Supporting Injured Students: A Daylong Workshop for Yoga Teachers from Andrew McGonigle
Wednesday 15th May 2019
The day will run from 10.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 5.00pm.
Cost is £95 full price – see below for offers
As a teacher it can often be challenging to know exactly how to support students who come to your yoga class with an injury. This workshop aims to give you the knowledge and confidence you need to be able to approach, support and empower students with common injuries.
In this six hour workshop we will:
1) discuss the most common injuries and medical conditions that students present to class with
2) look at basic guidelines for the best way to approach a student who has an injury
3) review the anatomy of the parts of the body that are most commonly injured
4) address how specific asana can be modified or supported with props depending on certain injuries
5) discuss simple techniques for helping students to strengthen and stabilise injured areas of their body
This workshop counts towards CPD requirements for Yoga Alliance US members.
There will be a mixture of discussion, lecture, group work and practical demonstration.
“I attended this workshop and thought it was one of the most useful, information-packed events I have been on.” Sian O, Yoga Teacher
Andrew originally trained to become a doctor, he later pursued a career as a yoga teacher, massage therapist and anatomy teacher.
Andrew has been practicing yoga and meditation for more than 10 years and teaching since 2009.
Andrew teaches anatomy and physiology on many different Yoga Teacher Training courses in London and internationally. He is also a keen writer contributing articles to Om Yoga & Lifestyle Magazine, as well as contributing to online yoga videos for Movement for Modern Life
His goal is to make anatomy applied to yoga fun, practical and inclusive! So what are you waiting for?
You can BOOK ONLINE HERE
Investment is £95 but Early Bird rate of £85 if booked before 15th March 2019 with code MEMBER10.
If cancelled with 2 weeks notice or more 50% refund given
If cancelled with less than 2 weeks no refunds given