Coronavirus guidelines and precautions at The Space 2 Be
We are taking additional precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of all our members, customers, colleagues and self-employed teachers – this is our number one priority.
We wanted to let you know that we are keeping a close eye on the developments of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We will continue to monitor the information and advice released by the UK Government and the World Health Organisation concerning the spread and containment of COVID-19.
First and foremost, we recommend all of our staff, members and customers to follow the advice provided by Department of Health and Social Care (Public Health England), as is outlined on the GOV.uk website here and here, and the World Health Organisation, which you can find here. We encourage everyone to keep up to date with the advice as this is regularly being updated.
What action are we taking to keep Members and Staff Well?
- We have increased the number of hours of our in-house cleaning
- We have provided 60% alcohol wipes/spray for the cleaning of equipment
- We have provided alcohol based hand spray on reception
- We continue to provide soap and disposable hand towels in the toilets
- We have removed the eye pillows
- We have provisionally removed the supply of tea and cups for refreshments
- We have provided staff with sterile gloves to dispose of cleaning materials
- On the guidance of Yoga Alliance our teachers will not be providing hands on adjustments or assistance
- We are educating and reminding staff on hygiene and cleanliness best practices
What can you do to help?
Keeping the studio safe and clean for everyone requires a collective effort from all of us. We seek your co-operation in adopting the following precautionary measures in order to safeguard public health and safety:
- Making full use of the soap and cleaning items available
- Frequent hand washing (wash your hands for 20 seconds) and hand sanitising during your visits
- Clean all equipment with the alcohol wipes/spray before and after class and wipe down with a dry tissue
- Bring your own blankets/towels to rest your face on (please only use our blankets for padding the body eg knees)
- Where possible bring your own equipment to the studio as we are limiting the use of props. Essential equipment will be provided
- Bring your own water and water bottle. Tap water is available from the kitchen area.
- Familiarise yourself with the latest guidance from PHE (details above) and do not visit the studio if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and are advised to self-isolate. If you arrive at the studio with a cough, for health and safety reasons, you will be asked to go home
- Follow Government guidance if you are a returning traveller
If you have tested positively for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have used the studio recently, please contact reception on 07507260036 and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth because hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth and cause any virus to spread.
- If you need personal health advice specifically in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19), you should call the NHS 111 service, contact them online here, or call your GP.
- Please do not attend your GP or emergency department without phoning in advance.
We wish you good health and thank you for your co-operation in helping to make sure The Space 2 Be is a safe environment for everyone.