the in-studio experience, from home.
Skip the commute and the worry about childcare, and meet us on Zoom.
Next available course dates: 13th-14th June, 20th-21st June
This course is perfect for you if…
- are working from home and you started to feel some aches and pains from the lack of movement
- want to improve your posture
- would like to improve your fitness levels, core and body strength and flexibility
Zero previous experience required. Whether…
… you’re completely new to Pilates, but have heard about its benefits and would like to try it but you don’t even know where to start
… you’ve been doing Pilates videos but you’re just not sure if you are getting it right
… you’ve done Pilates before, but took a long break and want to come back to practising,
you’ll feel you’re in the right place, and supported throughout.
Learn the basics of Pilates and get guidance and feedback on the spot, through our Live Online Course for Complete Beginners, in 4 sessions of 45 minutes each.
With the help of technology, it will feel like we’re in the same room, even if miles apart. Each session will be online, but live on the Zoom platform. You can see us, and we can see you and give you personalised tips. Don’t worry if you have to miss a class, we’ll send you the recording.
The course is designed to give you the confidence to continue to practice on or offline, and not feel frustrated for being the awkward one in the back of the room that has no idea what they’re doing.
Benefits of a regular Pilates practice:
- Reduce aches and pains. Pilates is the number one choice to reduce lower back pain, recommended by both trainers and medical professionals. By improving core strength and fixing any muscular imbalances, the spine becomes more mobile and supported.
- Improves balance and reduces the risk of falls, which becomes more and more important as we age.
- Improve your posture. Daily habits, particularly sitting for prolonged periods, can cause some muscles to overwork and others to become weak. This is when we feel the effects of poor posture such as neck and shoulder tension. Pilates helps you strengthen the weaker muscles and relax the tight ones, in order to bring balance in the body and promote a good posture.
- Increase your strength, fitness, and muscle tone. Having stronger muscles means the body can cope better with everyday activities, but it can also help you improve in other leisure activities and sports. Increased muscle tone also increases your metabolic rate (the rate at which you burn calories), which can help with weight loss and maintenance.
- Improve your flexibility by stretching the muscles, which become more pliable and less tense. This can help increase your range of movement, so day-to-day activities become easier and more enjoyable.
And this course is the perfect place to start.
This is the closest to the in-studio experience that we can achieve. But without spending time to get there, or worry about what’s going on at home while you’re away. And the best bonus of them all? Pets are allowed.
Our next beginner course starts on June 13th. Here’s the schedule:
- Saturday 13th: 11:30am
- Sunday 14th: 11:30am
- Saturday 20th: 11:30am
- Sunday 21st: 11:30am
Each session is 45minutes long.
The price is £20 for the course.
Sign up here.
Q: Do I need any professional Pilates props?
A: No, in case you need any props, you can make use of everyday items from your household. We wrote a blog post to give you plenty of ideas.
Q: What if I need to cancel?
A: The course is not refundable, but you can use your registration on the next course we will organize.
Having suffered with chronic pain for years which was exacerbated by my desk job, I discovered Pilates and what it can do for me. My vision is to create a safe space and a fun community, where people can enjoy learning how they can help themselves to reduce their aches and pains.
“After being diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both my hips, I wanted to be able to manage my condition myself without operations, so after seeking medical advice and looking into different ways that I could help myself I decided on trying Pilates.
I have really enjoyed meeting Paula, her positivity in her teaching, the way that she takes time in making sure you are doing things correctly according to your medical condition.
My pain is much more manageable now, from someone who found crossing their legs extremely difficult I can now cross them much more easily and I am a lot more flexible.” Jane
From a serious back injury I found myself on a path learning Pilates to help with my recovery. Although I thought this would not be for me initially, the more I learnt about how the mind and body works in Pilates, the more passionate I became.
Having taught Pilates for the last 7 years I have come across clients of many different injuries, mainly back, shoulder and neck. It has been my job to work with these clients on an individual basis as well as working with them in a group during a class.
“I was attending Yoga classes at the studio and I got recommended Pilates for my lower back issues. I was a bit worried starting as it was something I had not done before. Would I be flexible enough? Would I be able to keep up? Would I like it?
Cheryl makes it fun, she encourages us to keep going and you choose the options that are right for you.
I am now more mobile in my lower back and pain-free most of the time.” Veronica
SIGN UP HERE